● 20 gram coriander seeds
● 5 gram split Pigeon peas/tur dal
● 5 gram bengal gram/ channa dal
● 5 gram split black gram dal/urad dal
● 4-5 dried red chilies
● 5 gram black pepper
● 5 gram mustard seeds
● 5 gram fenugreek seeds/methi
● 10 gram cumin seeds/jeera
● 1 tsp turmeric powder/haldi
● 1/2 tsp asafoetida/hing
● 15-20 fresh curry leaves
● Heat a heavy bottomed vessel and dry roast the dals on low to medium heat for 4-5 minutes till the dals release their aroma and turn golden. Remove and keep aside. Add mustard seeds and roast for 3-4 minutes till they turn brown. Remove and keep aside. Add coriander seeds and roast for 4-5 minutes till they turn dark brown and release their aroma. Remove and keep aside. Add the coriander seeds and roast till they start to pop. Remove and keep aside. Add cumin seeds and pepper corns and roast for 2-3 minutes. Remove and keep aside. Finally roast the dry red challis and curry leaves for a minute and remove. Cool all the ingredients completely.
● Place all the ingredients along with turmeric powder and asafoetida in a blender and grind to make a coarse powder.
● Store in an air tight container.